The Manhattan Cocktail is magic in a glass! A classic recipe that dates back to more than 150 years ago, tracing its origins at the Manhattan Club in New York. It is a blend of 60-70% whiskey, sweet vermouth, and bitters. (Did someone say perfect three-some? This is it!)
Now there are countless variations of the Manhattan Cocktail out there. But they are not fun. (Okay, they are less fun, compared to what we are about to make). Here is a simple recipe to a proper, whiskey-forward Manhattan Cocktail.
- Rye or bourbon whiskey
- Sweet vermouth (like Martini Rosso)
- Angostura bitters.
- Maraschino cherry
- Ice cubes (lots of them).
- In a cocktail mixing glass, pour 60ml of the rye/bourbon whiskey.
- Add in 15ml of the Sweet vermouth (remember the badass ratio), followed by a dash of Angostura bitters.
- Now add in some ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a Maraschino cherry and have yourself some drink porn!