The Mai Tai Cocktail is a contemporary classic enlisted as one of the International Bartenders Association Official Cocktails. It is yummy, refreshing and surprisingly easy to make!
In fact, if you are to ever feel bored and need that quick get-away, the Mai Tai would be a good start. Well, at least for the sensory escape!
- 60ml Jamaican Rum.
- 15ml of Curacao
- 75ml of fresh lime juice
- The key ingredient for this cocktail, the almond syrup, 15ml.
How to make the Mai Tai Cocktail:
- Drop one of the used lime shells in a shaker. (The citrus oils within the lime shell give the drink a little more depth on the character and flavour).
- In the shaker with the lime shell, add the other ingredients starting with the Rum, followed by Curacao, fresh lime juice and finally, the almond syrup.
- Give the mixture a good shake then strain over crushed ice.
- Serve in a nice, clean, crisp-cold glass
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
Bonus tip: Did you know that Mai Tai translates to “simply the best”? Well, now you know!