Drinks delivered in 20-50min within Nairobi.

Excelsior Chardonnay 75cl

1,499/-

Excelsior Chardonnay 2018 is an elegant and approachable white wine with zesty lemon and lime flavors, whilst the rich palate is balanced by a crispacidity. This wine is perfect with grilled seafoodor lightly spiced Thai chicken.

Delivery in 20-50 minutes within Nairobi!

Out of stock

Email when back in stock

Vineyard

Excelsior’s vineyards are characterized by limestone-rich calcareous clay soils, ideal for producing fine wine. A portion of the Chardonnay comes from broken shale, which gives the wine a stone fruit character. The Chardonnay vines range in age from 5-22 years. Cool afternoon breezes sweep through Robertson Valley in the summer,
providing natural air conditioning in the vineyards on hot days

Vintage

2018 was the third consecutive drought vintage in the Robertson area. Water shortages were experienced right through the summer. Fortunately the weather was not excessively hot, and the vines coped well in the dry environment. The 2018 vintage is one of the healthiest on record but slightly smaller than average. The resulting white wines are bright and clean, with good concentration.

Vinification

The grapes were hand harvested in the cool, early mornings, destemmed and cooled. After 4 hours of skin contact, the grapes were gently pressed, then cold fermented for 15 days. 75% of the wine was fermented in stainless steel tanks to preserve the fresh citrus flavors. The remaining 25% was fermented and aged in French oak, which lends a subtle toasty nuance. Both portions were aged on their lees for three months. A small percentage of Viognier was added, contributing additional richness and a lush texture.

Tasting Notes

This crisp, mouthwatering bottling is a blend of Excelsior’s three best Chardonnay blocks. It displays lively flavors of green apple, citrus, and pineapple on a full, creamy palate. Traces of peach, orange blossom and delicate toasty notes combine with a mineral edge to round out this versatile everyday sipper, a consistent crowd pleaser.

Alcohol

14%

Grape Varieties

Origin

South Africa

Sweetness

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Excelsior Chardonnay 75cl”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

SKU: WIWEX2938 Category: Tags: , Brand:
Updating…
  • No products in the basket.

×