The story behind the origin of the Long Island Cocktail is one of many variations; almost as many as the number of ingredients combined to make it. But the mystery behind its origin is what makes it even much interesting, and therefore, worth trying. The recipes vary from one mixologist to the next.
Below are two of the many ways that you can try for your cocktails to enjoy with friends:
Long Island Cocktail With Triple Sec.
- Triple sec liquor
- Clear Rum
- Sweet & Sour mixer
- Lemon/lime squeeze
- Ice cubes
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- In the glass, add 15ml of vodka.
- Follow this with 15ml of gin.
- In the mixture, add 15ml of rum.
- Add 15ml of Tequila.
- In it, 15ml of Triple Sec.
- Add 60ml of sweet & sour
- Add some coke to taste.
- Garnish with lemon/lime squeeze.
Long Island Cocktail Without Triple Sec.
- Rum – Bacardi Carta Blanca.
- Tequila -Cazadores.
- Bombay Sapphire Gin.
- Grey Goose Vodka.
- Lemon to garnish.
- Ice cubes.
- Pour 15ml of the Bacardi Blanca rum in a tumbler.
- Add 15 ml of the Cazadores tequila to complement the floral notes of the rum.
- In the mixture, add 15 ml of Bombay Sapphire Gin.
- Add 15 ml of Grey Goose Vodka.
- Then add 15 ml of orange liquor for sweetness and fruity fragrance notes
- Add 25 ml of lemon squeeze for flavour and visual
- Fill with ice and shake
- Serve in a sling glass
- Fill with ice then add some cola as desired.
- Garnish with lemon wedge
Would you like to try making your own Long Island Cocktail? Click here to shop for ingredients.