It’s no secret, clubbing in Nairobi is an expensive affair. From buying a drink, to biting on a few tasty treats and once you factor in the cab fare to and from the club, you can easily squander thousands of shilling in just a few hours.
In the spirit of Dry January, here at Oaks and Corks, we advocate that you stay home, stay safe and save your money as you enjoy your own drinks. And since, we are giving you that advice, we might as well tell you how to make an easy and delicious cocktail with some of the most affordable mzingas on our site.
If you are hosting your significant other surprise him or her with you’re never seen before bartender skills. The beauty of these cocktails is that not only are they super easy to make, but they are the right balance of sweetness and freshness.
- Crushed Ice
- 1 Lime Fruit or 1 Lemon
- Mint leaves
- Kombucha – Raspberry Ginger
- Honey (Optional)
- 60ml (or more) Kenya Cane Vodka
- Slice your lemon or lime and put it into a pitcher
- Add sugar into your glass mix them all up together
- Add some honey and continue to stir this mixture until it is well combined
- Pour 6 oz. of Kombucha and 60ml vodka, into this mixture and stir thoroughly ensuring that you bring the ingredients from the bottom of the glass to the top
- You can dress it well with a lime wedge and serve.
- 50 ml Kibao Vodka
- 100 ml Coca Cola
- A lemon slice (Optional)
- Crushed Ice
- Pour your Vodka and Coke into your glass.
- Stir well
- Squeeze your lemon into the glass and continue to stir
- Crushed Ice
- Put in your mint leaves, lime and your syrup into your glass.
- Fill your glass with crushed ice.
- Pour in some Absolute Vodka and stir.
- Top it up with some soda water and garnish with mint leaves.
- 5 parts Captain Morgan
- 5 Parts Pineapple Juice
- 25ml Coconut Cream
- Ice Cubes
- Place a handful of ice cubes into your blender.
- Add your Captain Morgan, coconut cream, and three pineapple chunks.
- Blend it until it is really smooth.
- Pour it into your glass
- Garnish with a chunk of pineapple
- Put in mint and sugar into your glass.
- Using a spoon or a rolling pin, gently crush the mixture all together.
- Add lime juice into your glass and stir to combine.
- Put in crushed ice into the jug until it is half full.
- Pour in your chrome vodka lemon and serve.
- Pour your Smirnoff vodka and orange juice into a pitcher and stir.
- Put in your ice into a glass and pour the mixture over the ice.
- Stir well and if you would like, place a few orange wedges into the middle of the glass to garnish.
Having a good time at home does not necessarily have to be a complicated affair. With just a few essentials, you can serve a fantastic cocktail. Thanks to Oaks and Corks, you can purchase each of these drinks at such an affordable price. You can also save an extra trip by simply making an order via our website or simply call 0711 082 244 and have it delivered right at your doorstep.