Does anyone know if Santa takes cocktails? If he does, then the citrus whiskey punch is one he would love for sure! We made a unique concoction of lemon, sugar, cinnamon sticks, and bourbon for a holiday sipping pleasure. Whether you have your family coming over or you going to them, this is a refreshingly cool recipe that we suggest you make and enjoy together!
Should serve up to 10 serious cocktail drinkers!
- 15-20 lemons
- 250 grams of sugar
- 4 Cinnamon sticks
- 500 ml of Bourbon whiskey.
- Cut 8 long strips of the lemons and squeeze up to 3 cups of juice from it.
- Now combine the lemon-zest strips, sugar, cinnamon sticks and 3 cups of water in a saucepan.
- Heat the mixture on medium while stirring until the sugar perfectly dissolves.
- Next step is to let it cool. 10 minutes is enough for this. You don’t want to waste time with Santa’s special.
- Discard the lemon zest from the mixture.
- Refrigerate the lemon syrup.
- Remove and discard the cinnamon sticks.
- Now add the lemon syrup bourbon whiskey, then add 2-3 cups of cold water.
- Serve on ice, garnished with lemon twists and cinnamon sticks.
- There is also the option of refrigerating for up to 3 days.
We hope you enjoy making the citrus whiskey punch for your holidays!